Changing your policy
Members may choose to increase their range of Benefits by moving from one policy to another, provided that:
- All Members are covered in the same policy and
- The appropriate premium is paid
Members who elect to change their policy will serve the Waiting Period applicable for all benefits that are not included in their current policy. These additional Waiting Periods apply over and above the standard Waiting Periods for their current policy and from the date of the first subscription payment on the new policy rate.
On upgrading from Primary Care to Primary Care Extra, Waiting Periods apply to the following benefits:
- Dental treatment (6 months),
- Vaccinations (3 months),
- Medical, Specialists and Tests (3 months), for the additional cover of $250 per Calendar Year, inclusive of travel and other vaccinations (subject to a Sub-limit of 50% reimbursement of actual costs incurred up to $100 per Calendar Year), mole mapping and an additional $10 per prescription item or laboratory test.,
- Complementary Medical (3 months), for the additional cover of $100 per Calendar Year,
- Hospital Treatment (3 months), for the additional cover of $300 per Calendar Year,
- Excess Reimbursement for oral surgery.
HealthCarePlus may elect, at its sole discretion, to waive Waiting Periods on selected benefits during a promotional period.