Personal Travel Insurance
Whether you are travelling overseas or around New Zealand, Cover-More Travel Insurance offers peace of mind and the freedom to venture virtually anywhere in the world with confidence, knowing you’ll have support and assistance
whenever you need it.
Cover-More’s medical assistance team of travel advisors, translators and medical experts are on call around the clock, so the help you need is only ever a phone call away.
With Travel Insurance you get
24/7 Emergency assistance
Plus accompanied children under 21 years, that are financially dependent on you, are automatically included on your policyTo purchase a policy with your member discount, call 0800 500 225 and quote HCPTRAVEL
What are the benefits?
- 24/7 Emergency assistance
- Travel GP service (especially useful when travelling with children)
- Online claims (you can lodge your claim whilst travelling)
- 35 existing medical conditions are automatically covered by the YourCover and Essentials policies. We offer on-the-spot assessments – either online or over the phone for any medical conditions not automatically covered by the policy (refer to policy wording for full details).
- Choose your own excess
- Cancellation cover due to redundancy
- Accompanied children under 21 years, that are financially dependent on you, are automatically included on your policy
Automatically included in your policy
Working holidays – in New Zealand and overseas
Activities: Abseiling, Archery, Ballooning, Bungy Jumping, Flying Fox, Horse Riding, Jet Boating, Jet Skiing, Kayaking, Parasailing, Paragliding, Snorkelling, White Water Rafting, Scooters/ motorcycles under 200cc (must wear a helmet at all times). Your participation in any of the activities listed is subject to the terms of cover.
Winter activities, such as tobogganing, dog sledding, ice hockey, glacier walking with an organised tour and ice fishing with an organised tour.
YourCover policy optional extras
The YourCover policy offers you choice and flexibility in the form of optional extras that you can choose for an additional premium, including:
- Adventure cover (including closed circuit triathlons, rock climbing, and scuba diving between 30-50m below the surface)
- Adventure + cover (for trekking between 4,000-6,000m above sea level, skydiving or parachuting)
- Motorcycle/Moped Riding + cover for customers hiring motorcycles 200ccs and over
- Snow Sports cover for on piste snow skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling and cross country skiing
- Snow Sports + cover for the more adventurous customer wishing to ski or snowboard off piste, as well as cover for heli-skiing /boarding.
- Cruise Cover - note this add-on cover is mandatory for journeys that include a multi-night cruise. Benefits include: onboard medical and dental treatment, ship to shore medical, sea sickness cover, cabin confinement benefit, missed shore excursions, missed port connection, self-skippered boat insurance excess.
— Advice on world events affecting claims
World events claims advice
Certain events, such as natural disasters may affect your travel. Below are links to information about how recent events will affect your claims.
Following is advice regarding claims related to specific events and travel providers. If you have any questions, please call us at 0800 500 225.
The New Zealand Government is now advising that New Zealanders do not travel overseas at this time due to the outbreak of COVID-19. Should you wish to amend your travel insurance policy dates or require a refund on your policy (some policies may only be partially refunded), please contact Cover-More's customer service team to discuss your options on 0800 500 225 or email: email@example.com