Protect your New Zealand holiday with Domestic cover
Most people know the value of international travel insurance. Did you know it is just as important to have domestic cover when travelling around New Zealand? Whether you are going on a family holiday to Queenstown or enjoying a long weekend in Wellington, remember to pack your peace of mind with a discounted Domestic Plan from our partners Cover-More.
With our Travel Insurance offer you get
A 15% off Member Discount &
COVID-19 Benefits Available on the YourCover Policy*
Life Happens so book with confidence!Call 0800 500 225 and quote HCPTRAVEL
24/7 Emergency Assistance
Cover-More's medical assistance team of travel advisors, translators and medical experts are on call around the clock, so help is only ever a phone call away. Our policy holders have 24/7 access to our emergency assistance team. They’re here to help ensure you are safe, well, and can keep travelling.
Access to Travel GP
Cover-More NZ customers have access to the Travel GP~ service free of charge. If you’re feeling ill and need to talk to a doctor we can put you in touch with an Australian-based doctor via telemedicine.
Rental Car Insurance Excess
If you’re hiring there is cover included on our International YourCover plan up to $10,000 for rental car insurance excess
Existing Medical Conditions
We can cover a range of existing medical conditions. There are 36 automatically included conditions in our policies, and you can apply for cover of other existing medical conditions. We offer on-the-spot assessments – either online or over the phone for any medical conditions not automatically covered by the policy (refer to policy wording for full details).
New COVID-19 Benefits
We offer a range of new COVID-19 related benefits on our YourCover Single trip plans to help you book your domestic or Trans-Tasman trip with confidence. See here for details.
Automatically included in your policy
Working holidays - In New Zealand and overseas
Activities: Abseiling, Archery, Ballooning, Bungy Jumping, Flying Fox, Horse Riding, Jet Boating, Jet Skiing, Kayaking, Parasailing, Paragliding, Snorkelling, White Water Rafting, Scooters/ motorcyles under 200cc (must wear a helmet at all times). Your participation in any of the activities listed is subject to the terms of cover.
Winter activities, such as tobogganing, dog sledding, ice hockey, glacier waling with an organised tour and ice fishing with an organised tour
YourCover policy optional extras
The YourCover policy offers you choice and flexibility in the form of optional extras that you can choose from for an additional premium, including:
- Adventure cover (including closed-circuit triathlons, rock climbing, and scuba diving between 30-50m below the surface)
- Adventure + cover (for trekking between 4,000-6,000m above sea level, skydiving or parachuting)
- Motorcycle/Moped Riding + cover for customers hiring motorcycles 200ccs and over
- Snow Sports cover for on-piste snow skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling and cross country skiing
- Snow Sports + cover for the more adventurous customer wishing to ski or snowboard off-piste, as well as cover for heli-skiing /boarding.
- Cruise Cover - note this add-on cover is mandatory for journeys that include a multi-night cruise. Benefits include: onboard medical and dental treatment, ship to shore medical, sea sickness cover, cabin confinement benefit, missed shore excursions, missed port connection, self-skippered boat insurance excess. Restrictions apply to the COVID-19 benefits, relating to multi-night cruise travel.