HealthCarePlus Privacy Statement
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information we collect, in line with the Privacy Act 1993, the Information Privacy Principles, and the Health Information Privacy Code. We collect, hold, use, and disclose personal and health information on Members as outlined in this Privacy Statement.
You authorise us to use information about you for the following purposes:
• to consider your eligibility and the eligibility of all persons applying for cover under your policy;
• to consider the specific terms applying to your policy;
• for administrative purposes, such as validating union Membership, billing, and claims processing;
• for statistical purposes (however you will not be identifiable);
• to consider the eligibility of benefits claimed under this policy;
• to contact you and Members on your policy with information about products and services relating to HealthCarePlus; and
• to process and review claims made under your policy and
• as may be required by law.
You authorise us to disclose and/or collect information about you for the above purposes, directly to/from you as the Subscriber, or to/from:
• other Members on your policy;
• the spouse or partner of the Subscriber (provided that they are insured on the policy); and
• relevant health service providers, health insurers, ACC and other Government Agencies or third parties.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any information you disclose is accurate, complete, relevant, up to date, and not misleading.
The intended recipient of information is HealthCarePlus. The information is held by HealthCarePlus, whose office is at Education House, 178 Willis Street, Wellington.
You can request access to, and correction of, your personal information. To do so, please call HealthCarePlus 0800 800 441, or 04 802 4200 (Monday – Friday, 8.00 am – 4.30 pm).
If the information provided to us is inaccurate or incomplete, it may lead to your claim being delayed or declined or Membership voided. We may also be unable to provide you with any benefits until we receive accurate and complete information from you and/or the Members on your policy.
HealthCarePlus is a member of the Health Funds Association of New Zealand (HFANZ). HFANZ, together with PricewaterhouseCoopers maintains an integrity registry (Integrity Registry). The Integrity Registry is a database for HFANZ members which is designed to document relevant suspicious conduct by insured members and medical professionals. Further information about the Integrity Registry may be found on the HFANZ website http://www.healthfunds.org.nz/.
In taking a policy with HealthCarePlus, you consent to the collection, disclosure and use of information about you for the purposes of the Integrity Registry. You can request access to, and correction of, your personal information as held by the Integrity Registry. To do so, please call HealthCarePlus 0800 800 441, or 04 802 4200 (Monday – Friday, 8.00 am – 4.30 pm) or contact HFANZ directly at PO Box 25161, Wellington 6146.