HealthCarePlus Privacy Statement
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information we collect from you, in line with the Privacy Act 1993, the Information Privacy Principles, and the Health Information Privacy Code. We collect, hold and use personal health information on HealthCarePlus Members as outlined in this Privacy Statement.
Upon becoming a HealthCarePlus Member, you authorise us to use information provided to us by you for the following purposes:
- to consider your eligibility and the eligibility of all persons applying for cover under your policy;
- for administrative purposes, such as validating union membership;
- for statistical purposes (however you will not be identifiable);
- to contact you and Members with information about products and services relating to HealthCarePlus;
- to provide you and Members with information about scholarships and grants available as a benefit of Membership;
• as may be required by law.
You authorise us to collect and/or disclose information about you for the above purposes, directly to/from you as the HealthCarePlus Member, or to/from:
- other Members on your HealthCarePlus policy;
- your spouse or partner (provided that they are insured on your HealthCarePlus policy); and
- relevant health service providers, health insurers, ACC and other Government Agencies or other relevant or related third parties.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any information you disclose is accurate, complete, relevant, up to date, and not misleading.
The intended recipient of your personal information is HealthCarePlus. Your information will be held by HealthCarePlus, whose office is at Education House, 178 Willis Street, Wellington.
You can request access to, and correction of your personal information. To do so, please either lodge a request via the My HCP Portal or email HealthCarePlus; email@example.com. We note that there may be a reasonable charge for this in accordance with the Privacy Act.
If the information provided to us is inaccurate or incomplete, it may lead to your claim being delayed or declined or Membership voided. We may also be unable to provide you with any benefits until we receive accurate and complete information from you and/or the Members on your policy.
HealthCarePlus is a member of the Health Funds Association of New Zealand (HFANZ).